[admin] revoking David Huyhn's commit access temporarely

From: Stefano Mazzocchi <stefanom_at_mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 15:02:50 -0400

David is leaving tonight for China for a summer intership.

Since he will be paid to work on other things, he won't be able to work
on SIMILE stuff during the summer. At the same time, Piggy Bank is his
baby and will be hard to keep him away from it.

In order to prevent legal issues, in perfect accord with him, we are
revoking his commit access on simile SVN repository and SSH account no
the simile.mit.edu machine, until his work for hire is over (september)
or until he gets legal clearance from the company he will be working for
this summer, whichever comes first.

This is, obviously, not a punishment but a protection: we really want
Piggy Bank to continue to be licensed under fully open source compatible
terms and we don't want to have to deal with IP legal issues, so we are
preventing the trouble.

This publis email (cached and archived by servers we don't have control
on) will serve as third party notary in case discussions come up.

Without David around, Piggy Bank's development might slow down (since he
was the main developer behind it) but it's also a good time for me and
Ryan to get our hands dirty without being afraid of stepping on his
(fast moving!) toes.

The SIMILE dev team wishes David a boring summer of frustrating software
development, so that he won't leave us the next one ;-)