Re: piggy bank

From: Ryan Lee <ryanlee_at_w3.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 10:25:20 -0400

Max Wilson wrote:
> Ok, I am a member of the mailing list now! Cool.

Welcome, Max. Thanks for your report.

> So here's the problem. I was on my nice little iBook (I know I know, I have
> a powerbook on the way, and yes another mac) I downloaded the latest version
> of firefox, just cos I haven't in a while. I downloaded the java plug in.
> then I downloaded the piggy bank stuff. Then I tried to use the piggy bank
> tools and I get an error: cannot connect to 127.0.0.1:1978. I viewed the
> java console, and it said:
>
> =====================
> Starting piggy bank...
> =====================
> Exception: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
> =====================

Is that from the FF javascript console? You can run
/Applications/Utilities/Console.app and open up the Java console (File >
Open Quickly > ~/Library/Logs > Java Console.log). That should tell you
the entirety of the exception.

> Anybody got any ideas? I am quite interested in using this stuff... I
> wondered how the drift into the semantic web would become smooth! I think
> this is it.
>
> Max

> n - Max Wilson
> e - max_at_maximations.com
> w - www.maximations.com
> t - 07900 996950

Ryan Lee                 ryanlee_at_w3.org
W3C Research Engineer    +1.617.253.5327
http://simile.mit.edu/