Re: Question about Location (Google Maps) Function in Piggy Bank (v2.0b3) ...

From: Brad Clements <bkc_at_murkworks.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 13:34:02 -0400

On 28 Jul 2005 at 2:55, David Huynh wrote:

> Hi Matthew,
>
> The short answer is that Piggy Bank's mapping feature is currently
> broken as Google Maps has changed their service offering (they now
> require a license key for any application embedding their service).
> There is a fix in the queue to let each Piggy Bank user put in his/her
> own license key. Stay tuned... :-)

Perhaps here's another plug to allow the storage part of PB to run
independently of the browser, accessible via a local socket and a
documented API (couldn't it just be the semantic bank server with some
extra security or .. use security like google's desktop search?)

Anyway, if it was separate, i could compose a viewer using any browser
and any mapping service with an API. I bet virtualearth will have an API
soon.

--
Brad Clements,                bkc_at_murkworks.com    (315)268-1000
http://www.murkworks.com