Re: Piggy Bank blocks find as you type (+ comments)

From: Ryan Lee <ryanlee_at_w3.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 09:50:41 -0400

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Michael McDougall wrote:
>
>>Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

>>>20 minutes to find the you needed to login? or you went past that? (not
>>>trying to be dense, just curious)
>>
>>I just went back to the issue tracking page at
>>http://simile.mit.edu/issues/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10021 and I
>>started writing about how there's no link that says "report an issue" or
>>"create an account". I then realized that wasn't quite right--there's a
>>small link at the bottom of the page that says "bug/feature request"
>>which gets you started on the process. However, it's at the buried at
>>bottom of the page in small type, next to the "Powered by.." section
>>that is usually ignorable on most web sites.
>
> this is a feature request/bug for *jira* not for piggy-bank :-)
>
> the real deal is the "create new issue" part of the top blue bar.
>
> But I *DO* agree with you that it's really not the best placement for
> such an important thing. I'll see what I can do to change it in the future.

There's a feature for creating issues via email that requires no
registration. We could potentially have a [project]-issues email
address that receives and automatically creates bug reports. On the
downside, it's subject to serious abuse - but so is any other method
that bypasses registration.

--
Ryan Lee                 ryanlee_at_w3.org
W3C Research Engineer    +1.617.253.5327