Re: Longwell blog view

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 10:10:39 +0200

On 8/8/05, Stefano Mazzocchi <stefanom_at_mit.edu> wrote:

> > initial notes -
> > http://dannyayers.com/archives/2005/08/07/longwell-blog-view/
>
> We are aware of the facets-as-URI limitation of longwell1, you might
> want to try out the 2.0 from svn (this is the longwell that powers
> piggy-bank and doesn't have that limitation).

Thanks - hopefully I'll have chance in the next few days to move to
that version. Any particular reason it's not fed into the Longwell
release?

> > Does anyone happen to have a bridge to Redland?
>
> Nope, no idea on how to use redland from java.

There is a Java binding, not tried it myself.

> > I've a load of data in
> > that I'd rather like to see in Longwell too.
>
> dump it out and load it up.... I know it would be nice to be able to
> point longwell to an existing triple store but since triple stores don't
> support fulltext-searching, it's very tricky to get the lucene indexes
> in longwell synchronized with a backend triplestore.
>
> that part of the architecture is something I really dont' know how to
> fix... I think I'll have to wait for full-text extensions to sparql.

Ok, thanks. I keep running into the store sync issue, but this is the
first time non-RDF data (the Lucene index) has been involved. Hmm,
right, and it doesn't exactly line up against SPARQL regex.

Cheers,
Danny.

--
http://dannyayers.com