Re: [announcement] DSpace Scraper - Reloaded

From: Eric Miller <em_at_w3.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 14:49:24 -0400

On Aug 10, 2005, at 1:52 PM, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

>> Also, I'm concerned about the use of 'http://www.ontoweb.org/
>> ontology/ 1#' namespace in this (and other) scrapers. Looking at
>> the code, it seems clear you're using this to type
>> 'Publications'. I'd suggest we either work with the ontoweb folks
>> for making this available or use another namespace for this term
>> that resolves to something useful (ideally one that has some sort
>> of clear persistence policy).
>>

> I follow the 'data first' approach. Get the data out and see what
> happens.

Yep.. you got the data out there and I poked you :)

> I'm happy to change that in anything else you want, but honestly I
> don't care what it is.

Rewind... I don't really care either, but I suspect the DSpace folks
do. You're scraper is a great initial step towards wrapping this data
and exposing this as RDF. That said, I'd like to get some input from
the DSpace folks as to how best to model this. Given a source XHTML
document and a target RDF/XML instance data there is no doubt in my
mind you can (or better yet someone else) can modify the scraper. I'd
like to find some DSpace folk at this point who can help with that
target.

MacKenzie, can you help connect the dots here. Are there Dspace folk
you know that might be able to help?

semantic web activity lead               http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/
w3c world wide web consortium            http://www.w3.org/