Re: [announcement] DSpace Scraper - Reloaded

From: Bruce D'Arcus <bdarcus_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 18:01:27 -0400

On Aug 10, 2005, at 10:32 AM, Eric Miller wrote:

> I've been out of the PRISM world for a while, but at the time there
> seemed to focus on properties related to Published materials rather
> than class declarations. I'm wondering if there is a notion of
> prism:Publication that DSpace might be able to leverage but can't
> seem to find the schema. :(

Schema is here:

http://www.prismstandard.org/resources/prism.rdfs

There isn't a prism:Publication class though. I think you need to
think about something like:

<#some-book>
   a rbib:Article ;
   dc:title "Some Title"_at_en ;
   prism:startPage "23" ;
   prism:endPage "45" ;
   prism:isPartOf <#abc-v4-i1> .

<#abc-v4-i1>
   a rbib:JournalIssue ;
   prism:volume "4" ;
   prism:number "1" ;
   prism:isPartOf <urn:issn:2345-9348> .

etc.

BTW, here's the start of an example of what I was meaning in previous
email. I should include a distinction between published and
unpublished stuff too.

_at_prefix frbr: <http://purl.org/vocab/frbr/core#> .
_at_prefix rbib: <http://example/rbib#> .
_at_prefix rdfs: <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#> .
_at_prefix rdf: <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#> .
_at_prefix dc: <http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/> .

rbib:Monograph
   a rdfs:Class ;
   rdfs:label "Monograph"_at_en ;
   rdfs:subClassOf frbr:Manifestation ;
   rdfs:comment "A monograph is some standalone item issued once;
albums, books, and so forth."_at_en.

rbib:Serial
   a rdfs:Class ;
   rdfs:label "Serial"_at_en ;
   rdfs:subClassOf frbr:Manifestation ;
   rdfs:comment "A serial is issued on a continuing basis; periodicals,
weblogs, television shows, and so forth."_at_en.

rbib:Book
   a rdfs:Class ;
   rdfs:label "Book"_at_en ;
   rdfs:subClassOf rbib:Monograph .