Re: PiggyBank install feedback

From: MacKenzie Smith <kenzie_at_MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 18:38:02 -0400

 From a usability perspective, my opinion is that there should be 3 stages:

1. collect -- combines 1 and 2. I don't see why anyone would go to the
bother of collecting a bunch of RDF that they didn't want to save beyond
the browser session... what's the use case for that?

2. copy -- is the one you call persist now. It makes a copy on a server.
Persist is a rather strange choice of word for this since it's no more
persistent on the server than it is on the client... depends on who runs
the bank, no? I agree that deposit isn't the right term either, so let's
just call it what it is.

3. publish -- is publish, i.e. make visible to the rest of the world from
the server copy.

MacKenzie