Re: PiggyBank install feedback

From: Michael McDougall <mcdougall_at_grammatech.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 09:43:29 -0400

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Michael McDougall wrote:
>

>> - The metaphor seems a little discontinuous to me. When I click the
>> "RDF coin" the animation (nice, BTW) shows RDF coins going into a
>> slot--it looks like the RDF (coin) is being stored in my DB (piggy
>> bank). But then on the next page I find out this isn't the case--I
>> still need to save things before the data is *really* stored in my
>> piggy bank. I could see how people may assume the data is stored in
>> the bank already and "Save" means save the item to a file.
>

> Hmmm, good point actually. Hmmm maybe we could have the coin fall from
> the sky and pile up instead and having the "save all content in this
> page" (see below) use the 'coins in the slot' one. Warning, I think we
> are approaching very fast my abilities as an icon designer btw :-)

How about this?
When you collect you could show the coins going into a pocket.
When you save you could show the coins going from your pocket into the
piggy bank.

The metaphor's not perfect: coins in my pocket don't disappear if I fail
to put them in my piggy bank right away. But it does kind of fit the way
I accumulate coins.

Michael