Re: Piggy Bank: Ability to share comment on data

From: David Karger <karger_at_mit.edu>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 08:45:19 -0400

I thought we used to have both comments and tags, and felt that was a
good thing. I agree with michael. Organizing and annotating are two
quite different activities and it will be useful to have both. In
particular if I want to remember something complex about a given object,
I may need a lot more than a few words, so tags will be inadequate. Of
course I might then turn around and wish I could use text search on the
comments to find stuff based on the annotations I made. And it it might
be fun to have a wikish feature that parses my annotations for tags
that should be applied implicitly (either based on camelCase, or based
on text matches with preexisting tags).