Re: Sesame vs. Jena?

From: Leo Sauermann <sauermann_at_dfki.uni-kl.de>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 14:32:26 +0100

Hi!

Es begab sich aber zu der Zeit 14.11.2005 15:40, da Rickard Öberg schrieb:
> Hi!
>

> Any experience or suggestions around these areas is welcome.

I am not a core developer of sesame, but I update their openrdf2
repository quite often.
 From my knowledge and what I know from some project members,
they work hard to get their file-backed SAIL implementation they had in
sesame1 out for sesame2.

Sesame2 has context/named graphs, which makes a lot things possible.
web interface still missing.

a good massive store is still RDFGateway (windows based, non-opensource)

We will play with sesame2 in about one week, when we make performance
stress-test for www.gnowsis.org
which is about 100.000 to 1.000.000 triples.

We had very bad experience with jena, especially the normal DB-backend.
in the version I used they had something like this in the triple table:
s p o
uri:http://ssss ... literal:en:"asdfasfd"
so they did encode the difference between RDFNode/Liuteral/Resource
objects as parseable string.
sparql2sql is nice, but didn't solve our problems

greets
Leo

DI Leo Sauermann       http://www.dfki.de/~sauermann
DFKI GmbH
P.O. Box 2080          Fon:   +49 631 205-3503
67608 Kaiserslautern
Germany                Mail:  leo.sauermann_at_dfki.de