Re: Sesame vs. Jena?

From: Vineet Sinha <vineet_at_csail.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 17:35:42 -0500

> Great. I'm looking at large graph in memory storage and query
> performance (SPARQL when available). I looked at the existing Jena and
> Sesame 1.2.2 work in CVS - thanks for the reference. Any thoughts to
> test Sesame 2 and the new SPARQL interface? Or, Kowari? I am not
> familiar with 'cholesterol', but am open to other suggestions. It's been
> about a year since I've looked at Jena too.

I am designing the performance suite with the intention of being able to
easily write 'drivers' for other interfaces as well as for extending the
test cases.

I doubt I will be able to do them personally, but Stefano should be
looking at them, and any help is appreciated.

> I'd be happy to coordinate my testing with any guidelines or test
> harnesses that you have developed. This would allow another set of
> hardware and jvm configurations to test against (and a larger memory
> space?). What are the configurations of your testing hardware?

Great... I will be testing the setup atleast on a 2.53 GHz P4, 1GB RAM,
WinXP box.

Vineet