Re: Public wiki?

From: Stéphane Laurière <slauriere_at_mandriva.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 21:24:53 +0100

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Brett Zamir wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Any chance of starting a wiki open to the public?
>

> Yes. In fact, it's a matter of removing the password to the existing
> wiki.
>
> I was also toying with the idea of installing WikiMedia instead of
> MoinMoin.

Hello Stefano,

what about using XWiki? http://www.xwiki.org

XWiki features structured objects that can be attached to pages and that
makes it somehow "semantic" already.

Active efforts are underway on following topics:
- Eclipse plugins for XWiki
- RDF storage and indexing
- P2P wiki
- openoffice integration
- bundling XWiki services as OSGi bundles
- advanced wiki markup language model
- ajax interface
- standardizing wiki APIs (http://www.wikisym.org/pipermail/wiki-standards/)

-> there might exist interesting synergies with Simile developments, I think

Stéphane

--
Stéphane Laurière
slauriere_at_mandriva.com