Solvent/piggy-bank weirdness

From: Arvind Venkataramani <arvind_at_cc.gatech.edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 20:14:23 -0500

I've been trying to create a screen scraper for CiteULike (which very
inconsistently includes RSS feeds in its pages). The published scraper is
here:

Metadata: http://www.sensemaya.org/screen-scrapers/citeulike/basic/single.n3

JS: http://www.sensemaya.org/screen-scrapers/citeulike/basic/single.js

The problem I'm having is that the code runs fine in solvent - a sample
results file is attached, and it parses just fine in Piggy-Bank. However,
the exact same code, when saved to the piggy bank, and activated,
consistently returns a 'No typed data found' error. If the result of the
script is identical in both cases, why does the Solvent run produce output
that Piggy-Bank manages to process, while the installed screen-scraper
doesn't? I'd really appreciate any thoughts/suggestions on this..

Alternatively, if there's a way to load the contents of an RSS feed into
Piggy-Bank through a screen-scraper, it would be awesome. In connection with
which I must state that Piggy-Bank doesn't seem to understand the RSS feeds
at CiteULike when loaded in the browser (No data coin for, for instance,
http://www.citeulike.org/rss/author/Semenov ). If the RSS is linked through
the HEAD of the webpage, the coin turns up as expected. If there's someway
to do that, I'd love to hear about it (I'm a javascript newbie)

I have the feeling these two issues might have something to do with each
other, but I'm no expert.

Debugging info:

Firefox: 1.0.7
OS: Windows XP with SP2
Java: Sun JRE 1.5.0_04
Piggy Bank: 2.1.1
Solvent: 1.0.0

Console & java output (from Firefox load to time of error):
ff-console-output.txt & java-console-output.txt (attached).

Thanks in advance

-- arvind
ms/hci | gvu center | georgiatech