Re: Newbie Question

From: David Huynh <dfhuynh_at_csail.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 13:03:07 -0500

Yuri Tijerino wrote:

> OK, I get much farther now because as Paolo suggested in an earlier
> email, I was behind a web proxy. I tried it at home and it works,
> however I opened the Java console as David suggested and I do get the
> some errors on the console after following the instructions to run
> the monster.com scraper example. Also, I clicked on the "coordinates
> (map)" property and the map doesn't come up. Apparently it has
> something to do with the cookie setup, but I can't figure out what.
> My cookies options allow sites to set cookies from originating sites
> only. I also tried it allowing sites to set cookies from all sites.
> Can you take a look and let me know how to fix these problems.

Actually, your cookie settings seem not to be the culprit here. The log
showed that Piggy Bank was able to retrieve the coordinates for those
cities.

When Piggy Bank showed its setup dialog box, did you register for a
Google Maps key? If not, you can do that through Tools -> Piggy Bank ->
Options. Once in a while Google Maps doesn't show up for me, either. Not
sure why yet.

David