Re: no coordinates in my starbucks piggy bank results

From: Stefano Mazzocchi <stefanom_at_mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 08:35:45 -0800

Susan Hardin wrote:
> When I first installed Piggybank and the Starbucks scraper I had no
> problems getting the appropriate results along with the coordinates for
> mapping. Since the first day though, the results still appear fine but
> the coordinates facet does not appear.
>
> I've installed Piggybank on other machines in the last few days and the
> same thing is happening on them- no coordinates. (Yes, I've gone through
> the steps to get Google Map Key).
>

> We'd like to demo piggy bank with coordinates mapping in a U of Mich
> course next week and need to have at least one example that demos well.
>
> Any suggestions about what is happening and how to fix it? Any other
> demo suggestions?

Had the exact same problem the other day before presenting to the Getty
Foundation: Google changed the way they do address lookup (which is not
part of their stable API) and broke all versions of Piggy Bank before
wednesday last week.

My suggestion, for now, is to install a nightly build from:

  http://simile.mit.edu/builds/piggy-bank/

(the last one, the one at the bottom should work)

Let us know how that went.