Re: AW: Pending vocabulary issues

From: Emmanuel Pietriga <Emmanuel.Pietriga_at_lri.fr>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 09:12:19 +0200

Ryan Lee wrote:
>>> Ryan: Could you provide an more complete example than in the cited
>>> post on
>>> how PropertyTransform would be used?

> :myImages a fresnel:PropertyTransform ;
> fresnel:transformDomain foaf:depiction ;
> fresnel:transformDomain my:image ;
> fresnel:value fresnel:image ;
> fresnel:valueSeparator [
> fresnel:contentFirst "[ " ;
> fresnel:contentAfter " | " ;
> fresnel:contentLast " ]" ]
> fresnel:label "can be seen in"^^xsd:string .
>
> It looks a lot like moving the :*Style terms out of core and,
> eventually, giving it a more appropriate name.

The terminology is fine with me. But why are we moving this out of core?
If we do so, only lenses will remain in core. I thought we were moving
the styling part out of core.

>>> Where exactly would you use this property? How would you style a lens
>>> with a
>>> single hook to a CSS class? I think it would also be cool to have an
>>> extended example, so that we can dicuss pros and cons.
>>
>> I imagine there are different points at which you would use a hook so
>> you could attach a class at different points in an intermediate tree.

> :foafPersonDefaultLens a fresnel:Lens ;
> fresnel:purpose fresnel:defaultLens ;
> fresnel:lensDomain foaf:Person ;
> fresnel:group :foafGroup ;
> fresnel:stylingHook "person"^^xsd:string ;
> fresnel:showProperties ( foaf:name
> foaf:surname
> foaf:depict
> [ a fresnel:PropertyDetails ;
> fresnel:stylingHook "knows"^^xsd:string ;
> fresnel:property foaf:knows ;
> fresnel:sublens :friendsLens ) .
>
> :friendsLens a fresnel:Lens ;
> fresnel:lensDomain foaf:Person ;
> fresnel:group :foafGroup ;
> fresnel:group :tableGroup ;
> fresnel:stylingHook "friend"^^xsd:string ;
> fresnel:showProperties ( foaf:name
> foaf:surname
> foaf:email ) .
>
> I'm pretty sure a CSS selector could be written to cover interesting
> cases using what's here:
>
> - style a person:
> .person
>
> - a person's properties
> .person .fresnel:property
>
> - properties' values
> .person .fresnel:property .fresnel:value
>
> - friend:
> .person .friend
>
> - foaf:know's label's value:
> .person .knows .fresnel:label
>
> - foaf:know's value's label:
> .person .knows .fresnel:value .fresnel:label

I'm lost here. What are these CSS selectors applied to? Is it the
intermediate tree? My problem is with .fresnel:* elements in the
selectors. I don't understand how they fit in this. More precisely, I
did not expect them to be present in any output (lens or transformation).

--
Emmanuel Pietriga
INRIA Futurs - Projet In Situ    tel : +33 1 69 15 34 66