Re: Reading through vocabulary - 1

From: Emmanuel Pietriga <Emmanuel.Pietriga_at_lri.fr>
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 08:23:31 +0200

Ryan Lee wrote:
> I did a quick skim through the latest repository version of the
> vocabulary, skipping details for now knowing Emmanuel is working on some
> revisions.
>

> 1. :myGroup fresnel:stylesheetLink <http://...> .
>
> seems like it should be an optional hint. I don't think I'll be writing
> code for Longwell to pick up externally referenced CSS stylesheets. In
> keeping with the 'if I say it, do it' razor for core, I think this
> should be moved to extended.

I understand your point of view. But in that case, what is the point of
having styling hooks in core? Syling hooks are CSS class names that
reference CSS rules in the external stylesheet(s) provided by the
associated group.

And from what I undertand of styling hooks, you wouldn't have to
actually retrieve the stylesheet and process it (I think). Wouldn't it
be sufficient to reference the stylesheet in the XHTML output and have
the class names "forwarded" to elements in the same XHTML result tree?

--
Emmanuel Pietriga
INRIA Futurs - Projet In Situ    tel : +33 1 69 15 34 66