Re: Reading through vocabulary - 3

From: Emmanuel Pietriga <Emmanuel.Pietriga_at_lri.fr>
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 08:28:06 +0200

Ryan Lee wrote:

> 3. Searching for sublenses
>
> Section 2.5 discusses using FSL to search Fresnel for a sublens. Aside
> from being outside of core,

It is indeed outside of Core.

> this feels like an odd capability since FSL
> is normally used to query the data being Fresnel'ed. This raises
> questions of consistency.

I don't consider this inconcistent, but confusing.

> Also, the introspection aspect of using FSL
> on Fresnel seems like it would force implementers to consider their
> Fresnel information as a navigable RDF model in addition to whatever
> else they do with it. They should anyways, but it's... weird.

I have the same feeling about it. I don't remember who introduced this
functionality. I'd be in favour of leaving it aside for now, and we'll
integrate it into the extended vocab if the need for it arises.

What about you?

--
Emmanuel Pietriga
INRIA Futurs - Projet In Situ    tel : +33 1 69 15 34 66