Re: Manual updated for core vocabulary

From: Emmanuel Pietriga <Emmanuel.Pietriga_at_lri.fr>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 08:16:37 +0200

David R. Karger wrote:
> I agree about depth being a global variable. Thinking about the
> way recursions are usually done, I do think it may be important
> to have an explicit base case, ie a way to have a different lens
> (eg a labellens) take over if you reach maximum depth, rather
> than just silently "giving up" at that point and rendering nothing.

It isn't really a question of giving up. We just say "display down to 5
levels of foaf:knows values". When we reach a depth of 5, we just stop.
The last resource (at depth 5) still gets displayed, but its properties
aren't. This means that we use some kind of label lens for the last
level, but this is implicit (and we do not yet say anything about that
in the documentation; we should).

Are you proposing to add a new Fresnel property that would make it
possible to specify what lens to use to display max depth resources? I
guess we could do that, but I'd keep that for the extended vocab. It
should also be made clear that this last lens cannot use sublens calls.

--
Emmanuel Pietriga
INRIA Futurs - Projet In Situ    tel : +33 1 69 15 34 66