Re: FSL engine for Sesame

From: Emmanuel Pietriga <emmanuel.pietriga_at_inria.fr>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 09:02:02 +0100

Ryan Lee wrote:
> Emmanuel Pietriga wrote:
>
>> FYI,
>>
>> I've commited the first version of the FSL engine for Sesame in
>> IsaViz' CVS repository [1]. It works with Sesame 2-alpha1.
>>
>> I still have to add a few methods for making it easier to specify the
>> repository on which to evaluate the path expression, but that's just
>> API cosmetics.
>>
>> [1] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/java/classes/org/w3c/IsaViz/fresnel/
>

> Emmanuel,
>
> Thanks for getting this out so quickly.
>
> As Sesame 2 is still in alpha and we haven't made the jump there for any
> SIMILE code, I needed to adapt your work to Sesame 1.2.2. This was
> mostly just a matter of switching out the *Vertex code for the older
> style of finding things in the store and using the older way of loading
> data into a Graph.

That's good news. We have kind of a 4th implementation. Once you've
finalized it, could we consider making it available publicly as a
standalone JAR, as I've done for the Jena and Sesame 2 implementations ?

> I had to remove anything that referred to Jena or IsaViz, so in my
> version the FSLHierarchyStore code and any referrers were removed, as
> were the Jena evaluator and IsaViz evaluator.

Right, I forgot to clean up and adapt the hierarchy store specifically
for Sesame. I should probably do some cleaning in there.

> Sesame 1.2.2 lacks the
> RDFS/OWL awareness that Jena has (not sure about later versions), so
> this version of the Fresnel engine I'm trying to build is probably not
> going to be subclass/property aware.

As we discussed earlier with David on the list, this is not a
requirement. So that's fine.

> Could you provide the tests/fsl-test-model.rdf referred to in
> SesameTest? I'd like to check how my changes worked out.

Attached to this email.

--
Emmanuel Pietriga
INRIA Futurs - Projet In Situ    tel : +33 1 69 15 34 66