Re: SPARQL Selectors

From: Emmanuel Pietriga <emmanuel.pietriga_at_inria.fr>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 15:57:05 +0100

Chris Murphy wrote:
> So, I'm particularly partial to SPARQL Selectors, which happen to not
> really be documented in the fresnel manual. I got to where I'm trying
> to implement them, and realized that there isn't really a description
> of how to do it in the manual.
>
> A typical SPARQL query would be something like:
>
> SELECT ?node
> WHERE {
> some constraints;
> }
>
> The problem is that I don't know what the exact syntax is that I
> should be expecting from the user. What can I assume they will name
> the search results? ?node, ?foo, ?somethingrandom ?
>
> - chris

Hello Chris,

Remember that the manual is still a work in progress, but you are right,
  it is lacking information about SPARQL selectors, mostly because we
have focused on basic selectors and FSL selectors until now.

We could agree on a default name, but is that absolutely necessary,
considering that we constrain the SELECT part to be "?x", whatever x is?
(I'm just catching up on two weeks worth of e-mail, so I may be missing
something).

--
Emmanuel Pietriga
INRIA Futurs - Projet In Situ    tel : +33 1 69 15 34 66