Re: Fresnel vocabulary question

From: Steve Dunham <dunhamsteve_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 15:23:34 -0800

On 3/1/06, Ryan Lee <ryanlee_at_w3.org> wrote:
> Steve Dunham wrote:

> Perhaps there's a part of our thinking that we haven't made too explicit
> yet. Instead of a closed world of Fresnel lenses you've configured in
> your application, imagine that there's a global repository of them that
> you're drawing from, all readily available for use for that data you
> don't know how you want displayed.

I basically want a fallback to be used if you can't find one in the
global repository.

> What does it mean for there to be a default lens in that grand central
> repository? Is there just one? How do we pick it? How do we make sure
> it's the only one? Since we can't assure it with just RDF, how do we
> pick from all of the default lenses? Back to square one - you're in an
> environment where 'default' doesn't have much meaning.

I guess the name "defaultLens" is already being used for something
else. I'm thinking of something like this:

  :fallbackLens a fresnelLense ;
     fresnel:classLensDomain fresnel:allClasses ;
     fresnel:purpose fresnel:defaultLens ;
     fresnel:showProperties ( fresnel:allProperties ) ;
     fresnel:group :group .

Where :fallbackLens is used if a more specific lens is not found. (I
tried setting the classLensDomain to rdf:Resource, but that didn't
seem to work in longwell, maybe for lack of inferencing.)