Re: Cannot make Fresnel Implementation Working

From: Ryan Lee <ryanlee_at_w3.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 11:52:02 -0500

Zak Mc Kracken wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've downloaded The Fresnel Implementation from
>
> http://simile.mit.edu/repository/fresnel/trunk
>
> But I cannot make it working. When I launch longwell.sh (or even
> edu.mit.simile.fresnel.Fresnel without using any script) I have back
> complaints about the lack of import edu.mit.simile.vocabularies.*.

Presumably you mean fresnel.sh, not longwell.sh?

> I've included in the classpath all the jars in lib, but unsuccesfully.
> It looks like this package is really missing, what a pity...

Which OS are you using?

The package is supposed to be generated when you run ant. In a
nutshell, the build process:
  - builds a schema generator [compile-schemagen task]
  - runs schemagen on Fresnel vocabularies [compile-vocabularies task]
  - everything else is compiled, with build/classes/ on the classpath

I just checked out a fresh copy on a Mac and it worked. Try an 'ant
clean-all' and start over. If it still doesn't work, try calling the
tasks in order.

> I think it is related to
> http://simile.mit.edu/mail/ReadMsg?listName=General&msgNo=715

Perhaps. Though that relates to Longwell 1.1, we never did figure out
what was going on there.

http://simile.mit.edu/issues/browse/LONGWELL-26

--
Ryan Lee                 ryanlee_at_w3.org
W3C Research Engineer    +1.617.253.5327