Meta-display ontology matters

From: Ryan Lee <ryanlee_at_w3.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 16:53:22 -0400

While we continue to discuss and formulate our ontology, there are a
couple project matters we may want to take into consideration.

I can offer a w3.org URI as a resolvable namespace as well as space on
simile.mit.edu and our Subversion repository to serve as the actual host
of the ontology files. We can do issue tracking and a wiki if people
think the additional infrastructure would be useful (I've already put
our requirements in

   http://simile.mit.edu/wiki/DisplayOntologyRequirements

linked from the front page).

As a W3C type :), I also suggest our more final drafts of the ontology
use OWL.

It might be nice to have an overall name for this work. I'm boring, so
I go with descriptions-as-names, like 'RDF Display Ontology' (or
Ontologies, I suppose). Someone with more naming creativity may want to
intervene...

--
Ryan Lee                 ryanlee_at_w3.org
W3C Research Engineer    +1.617.253.5327