Re: PiggyBank connection refused when browse My Piggy Bank

From: Ryan Lee <ryanlee_at_w3.org>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 13:51:40 -0400

Alvin Chin wrote:
> Hi I just installed Piggy Bank 2.0b1 from the XPI file generated when I
> did a subversion checkout of the Piggy Bank code. However, I run into
> the following problem that Connection is refused at 127.0.0.1:1978 when
> I browse My Piggy Bank. Before I had it working with the older version
> which was a binary and not the subversion checkout. I uninstalled the
> old version and updated the new version, after I upgraded my Firefox to
> the latest 1.0.4 and Thunderbird to the latest 1.0.2.
>
> Anyone know the reason why I get this problem?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alvin

Hi Alvin,

At this point, the differences between the repository code and the
binary we released are minimal, just some small bugs fixed. If you want
a running Piggy Bank now, I suggest you install the binary over your
build. With 2.0, installing a different XPI over the old one is
probably easier than uninstalling/reinstalling.

If not, could you tell me if you quit and restart Firefox after
uninstalling? How about after installing the XPI you built? Which
platform are you running on? Can you look in your Java console log
while Firefox is starting and in your Javascript console log after it's
started to see if there are any reports from Piggy Bank?

--
Ryan Lee                 ryanlee_at_w3.org
W3C Research Engineer    +1.617.253.5327