[heads up] Major fix in Semantic Bank 2.1.1 restores Piggy Bank 2.1 uploading abilities

From: Stefano Mazzocchi <stefanom_at_mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 17:14:56 -0400

It turns out that a few months ago, while I was playing with Semantic
Bank to enable automated RDF/XML upload, I introduced a change that
looked harmless but ended up breaking the ability for piggybank to
upload data on it (and it took me a day to figure it out!)

I have now restored it, and a new 2.1.1 version with this fix is now
available for download. I have also updated the "SIMILE Semantic Bank"
to this latest version.

We are experiencing some weird behavior (like ontology labels missing,
tags that come and go, information that takes a while to migrate from
your own account to the global data pool when you publish, encoding
issues) so we might do a series of fast releases to fix those issues,
but we didn't want to hold off this since it's a pretty important fix.

Anyway, the most important thing is that now uploading to a Semantic
Bank to Piggy Bank is now functional again.


Stefano Mazzocchi
Research Scientist                 Digital Libraries Research Group
Massachusetts Institute of Technology            location: E25-131C
77 Massachusetts Ave                   telephone: +1 (617) 253-1096
Cambridge, MA  02139-4307              email: stefanom at mit . edu
Received on Thu Oct 20 2005 - 21:09:35 EDT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.0 : Thu Aug 09 2012 - 16:39:18 EDT