Mixing RSS and geo data a no-no?

From: Simon Brooke <simon_at_jasmine.org.uk>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 22:06:48 +0000

Having played a bit with Piggy Bank, I decided to hack geo: data into my
RSS in order to try to get the automatic mapping feature to work; and
all that happened was that Piggy Bank stopped working for my pages
altogether.

Example, two websites, both running very similar versions of my PRES
system.

<URL:http://www.stewartry-wheelers.org/wheelers/news>
This works, at least with Piggy Bank in my Firefox; I get the RDF 'coin'
icon in the lower right, and when I click on it, Piggy Bank analyses
the RSS and gives me a useful display.

<URL:http://www.jasmine.org.uk/dogfood/news/category_1.html>
This is the same software except with geographic data hacked in; again I
get the RDF 'coin' icon, but when I click on it I get 'No typed data
found.'

Can anyone explain what I'm doing wrong? Are you just not allowed to add
geo data to RSS like that? Any suggestions for how I could prepare
suitable geo data for Piggy Bank and similar systems?

Cheers

Simon

--
simon_at_jasmine.org.uk (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/
	;; Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.