Re: Fresnel vocabulary question

From: Ryan Lee <ryanlee_at_w3.org>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 14:46:16 -0500

Reto Bachmann-Gmür wrote:
> Hello
>
> I've read http://www.w3.org/2005/04/fresnel-info/manual/ . It says "The
> result of applying a lens or a group of lenses to an RDF graph is an
> ordered tree of RDF nodes" however, while I find information how the
> properties are ordered, I found nothing on how the "top-level" resources
> are ordered, how does the output of the FOAF-Example in 1.1 looks like,
> when applied to a graph with several foaf:PersonS? Also what's the order
> of the the properties of same type (multiple foaf:nameS or foaf:knowS).
>
> I probably just missed something, so I would be thankful for a pointer.
>
> reto

Hello Reto,

We opted to avoid the complexity of ordering resources or values in
Fresnel core. We're open to suggestions on how best to handle the issue
(extensions, revise core, etc.), it's just that at that time we had
enough other issues on our plate to deal with without getting into how
to describe the myriad ways of ordering things. Our sense then was
basically to let the implementing application handle ordering.

(So you didn't miss anything.)

--
Ryan Lee                 ryanlee_at_w3.org
W3C Research Engineer    +1.617.253.5327