infoURI standard officially blessed

From: MacKenzie Smith <kenzie_at_MIT.EDU>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 18:16:41 -0500

FYI, Tony Hammond at NPG pointed out to me that the info URI proposal
has received the blessing of the IETF and is now an Official Standard

https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=10863&rfc_flag=0

NISO will maintain the namespace registry and let's hope they set it up soon!
This will be a great help to us once the registry gets going as a way to
reference
things like PubMed records and published journal articles in a standardized
URI
kind of a way... we can even urge organizations like the Getty to register
their
vocabs so that we don't have to invent any more URIs!

MacKenzie